What is Blue Sox Academy?
Blue Sox Academy is the premiere baseball and softball training facility in Central New York located in the Sangertown Square Mall in New Hartford. Founded by Blue Sox owner George Deak and head coach Doug Delett in October 2020, this facility includes (2) 70-foot batting cages, (1) 70′ pitching lane, (1) 55′ cage, (1) 45′ cage. (1) 35′ cage, a workout are/wall, a Blue Sox pro shop, lounge area for parents, changing rooms.
What does Blue Sox Academy offer?
Blue Sox Academy offers the best and most experienced instructors in the Mohawk Valley, including Blue Sox head coach Doug Delett, long time American Legion Baseball Coach Mike Macchione, and former Syracuse University softball assistant coach, Brian Ingalls. Our flexible schedule ensures that you will be able to find a time that fits best for you:
Monday-Friday: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 6 p.m.
*Holiday & Summer hours may vary
How do I reserve/schedule a lesson?
Booking for Blue Sox academy lessons are now available by calling (315) 864-8495 or email [email protected]. Use the link above “Parent/Player Login” to create an account, login and look to see what instructors have availability. Any questions please call.
Where is Blue Sox Academy?
Blue Sox Academy is located in the Sangertown Square Mall in New Hartford directly across from Dick’s Sporting Goods. The best entrance to use is the mall main entrance in the Target parking lot, under the Dick’s Sporting Goods sign.
Does Blue Sox Academy only offer lessons?
No. Blue Sox Academy offers Memberships. Blue Sox Academy also offers hitting leagues, camps, clinics and showcases throughout the calendar year. Stay tuned to UticaBlueSox.net for the most up to date Blue Sox Academy schedule.
Cage Rental (max of 2 people)
(everyone in cage must have an account with a signed waiver)
Cage- 30 Min 60 Min 90 Min
35’ – $20 $40 $60
45’ – $20 $40 $60
55’/PL – $20 $40 $60
70’ – $20 $40 $60
(Team cage rentals are available for 60 minutes and 90 minutes. Must sign a Team Agreement form and all players must have an account with a signed waiver)
(Pitching Lane (PL) available for throwing only)
Guest Fee – $10.00
-This can be used as an additional guest for a lesson or cage rental.
Evaluation (30 min) – $30
-This evaluation is used to help our instructors set up a plan that works best for your player.
Blue Sox Academy Memberships
- Individual Membership – $100
- Family Membership (max of 6)- $150
Both Memberships include the following:
- Month-Month with and without Auto Renewing
- 20% Discount on Camps/Classes
- (2) bookable 30 minute cage rentals/day. Clients can only schedule these 72 hours in advance
- No cage fee for lessons
- Unlimited access to Blue Sox Academy Facility based on availability
Private Instructor Pricing
Doug Delett (Baseball)
60 Min $50 $85
30 min $30 $50
Bryan Ingalls (Softball)
60 min $60 $95
30 min $40 $60
Mike Macchione (Baseball)
60 min $50 $85
Bryan Stamboly (Baseball)
60 min $45 $80
30 min $25 $45
Dan Maycock (Softball/Baseball)
60 min $45 $80
30 min $35 $55
John Franhi (Baseball)
60 min $45 $80
30 min $30 $50
In-House Instructor Pricing
- Nate Zambri
- Shallen Simpson
- Hunter Roth
- Angelina Hays
- Courtney Piazza
- Alyssa Gienger
60 Min $40 $75
30 min $30 $50
Individual/Family Membership Information:
- Only the Individual/Family that has the membership can reserve the Batting Cage/Facility.
- Family Members Must Live in the Same Household to Be Included in Family Membership
- Members are allowed to bring guests to use the Batting Cage (Non-Members must pay a $10.00 guest fee per person)
- Members are allowed to bring in someone to throw to them without paying guest fee. If additional person is hitting, they need to pay $10.00 guest fee.
- Memberships can rent batting cages for 1/2-hour length with max of 1 hour. If time is available members can inquire about longer time.
- Blue Sox Academy is NOT responsible for any LOST or STOLEN Items. Please be aware of what you are bringing and leaving at the facility.
- When in the facility please be mindful of other members using the facility, do not stand close to the cages and be aware of the markers on the floor and stay behind these.
- No individual or private lessons are allowed in Batting Cages. Please call the front desk to inquire about private lessons.
- Cage retails are based on first come first serve basis and upon availability of the facility.
Memberships – Please Read the Following in Registering for Blue Sox Academy Memberships You Are Agreeing to the Following
7- Day notice by emailing [email protected], is required to cancel your membership. Please remember that your cancellation request is subject to any obligation of your membership agreement.
In the event we are unable to collect a payment, the membership will be cancelled until Blue Sox Academy receives the amount due to date. Memberships will not be renewed until any past due balances are collected.
Only authorized Blue Sox Academy trainers & instructors are permitted to provide training in our facility. Training by another member is not permitted. Failure to comply with the training policy will result in the cancellation of membership and revoked access to the facility for the member and instructor. If you’re interested in private instruction or personal training, please see the front desk.
If paying with Cash or Check payments will be on a month-to-month basis.
Monthly payments require a valid credit card on file with automatic payments to be completed monthly
I authorize Blue Sox Academy to automatically collect monthly dues in the amount of membership selected each month by electronic funds transfer from the account provided. In the event we are unable to collect payment automatically, your membership will be suspended until we receive the amount due to date.
Batting Cage & Rental Rules
- All patrons must pay the appropriate fee.
- Pitchers and coaches must use the L screen if there is a batter in the cage.
- All participants must obey safety rules, including wearing batting helmets, while inside cages.
- Tennis shoes or turf shoes only- No metal cleats are allowed on the turf.
- No food or drinks – Except water- are allowed on the turf or in the cages.
- Gum is very harmful to our turf, anyone found chewing gum will be asked to discard it. If this happen multiple times you will be asked to leave immediately and understand that rental/lesson fee will be forfeited
- An onsite Adult/Coach is required for anyone under the age of 18 entering turf or cages.
- Fee must be paid in full, and waiver signed before an individual or team is allowed to take the turf.
- It is mandatory that catchers have proper catching equipment, all catchers are required to wear a mask.
- No batting practice outside of batting cages.
- Please do not lean or hang on nets.
- No swinging bats anywhere other than rented practice area.
- The pitching machines throw both balls and strikes. Players should “Be Alert” at all times.
- If machine is pitching out of the strike zone immediately alert the front desk.
- Please be aware of your surroundings- Coaches remind your players that there is give in the batting cage nettings and they should not walk or stand within 5 ft of any occupied cage.
- No person under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol is permitted to use the batting cages.
- Report all accidents immediately.
- Profanity and abusive language or behavior is prohibited.
- Conduct that may endanger the welfare of any person is prohibited.
- Patrons assume the risk of any injury resulting from use of the batting cage.
Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions. We will gladly book your appointment for you (315) 864-8495, [email protected]. Thank you!
All clients will need to have a BLUE SOX ACADEMY WAIVER AND RELEASE FORM on file in order to use the facility. We have forms available at the Academy. Anyone under 18 years old will need a parent signature, 18 and older can sign for themselves.